VOIP problems please help?

VoIP Tech Support

VOIP problems please help?

Postby JennyFellner » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:22 am

I have voip and the problem is when I call out, the busy tone always sounds (while it really isn't). It's ok when someone calls in. Anyone I call from my phone, it has the busy tone. It can't be that everyone I call is busy... Please help. I hate voip.(proof that its the voip's fault and not mine - I call to my cell and I hear the busy tone while it isn't busy. My cell makes calls to my phone without problems)
JennyFellner

Re: VOIP problems please help?

Postby Alex » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:24 am

Hi,

First of all let me know your VoIP Provider Who is your VoIP provider?Are you using a VoIP Soft Phone on your PC?Or, are you using an VoIP ATA (analog telephone adapter) connected directly to your Internet Modem?The fact that you can receive incoming calls is a good sign that things are somewhat working.The fact that outgoing calls always gives you a busy signal implies to me that there is either a problem between your VoIP device making outgoing calls, or that there is a problem with your VoIP provider routing your outgoing calls.If the problem is with your VoIP provider routing calls, then you will have to report the problem to your VoIP provider.
Alex

Return to Tech Support