comparison to vonage and broadvoice?

General discussion on VoIP and Internet Phone service.

comparison to vonage and broadvoice?

Postby billy » Mon May 15, 2006 1:26 pm

have any of you all used vonage then switched to axvoice? i'm very disappointed with vonage and want to know what its like to switch to axvoice. i also heard of broadvoice but they seem more expensive.

can anyone tell me your opinions or tell me what the differences are of broadvoice, axvoice, and vonage?

BillY
billy

Postby skessel » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:30 pm

I used Broadvoice... Just don't.

Axvoice is great, I use it, no complains so far and prices and TOC are reasonable.
skessel

Postby amlino » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:31 pm

I used Vonage and Broadvoice. Vonage works great but your are locked to their device since they do not provide the SIP credentials. Broadvoice is no good. I had a lot of down time and noise on the line. Prices are great but do not expect too much from them.
AXvoice is great. Customer support rocks. Axvoice works perfect with asterisk and have good international rates and a great BYOD plan.
If you are on the market for an VOIP co., may vote goes to axvoice. They even ported my phone # in less than a month.
amlino

Re: comparison to vonage and broadvoice?

Postby w6vms » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:18 am

billy wrote:have any of you all used vonage then switched to axvoice? i'm very disappointed with vonage and want to know what its like to switch to axvoice. i also heard of broadvoice but they seem more expensive.

can anyone tell me your opinions or tell me what the differences are of broadvoice, axvoice, and vonage?

My path to AxVoice was Vonage -> Fonality -> Broadvoice -> ViaTalk -> AxVoice.

Vonage: so-so rates, service was fine, no BYOD

Fonality: terrible voice quality

Broadvoice: service was ok, had some outages, left them because they didn't offer numbers where I was moving to.

ViaTalk: service was ok, had some outages, international rates to where I call were average.

AxVoice: service has been fine, very few outages, they have an unlimited calling plan to international destinations of interest to me.
w6vms

Postby JaxDomino » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:24 am

Axvoice is my 3rd VoIP carrier. I had Lingo, which was great except they don't do CID with name, so switched to BroadVoice, CID with name worked great WHEN the BV srvice was up. With BroadVoice, you cold be on a call and all of a sudden for no reason the phone would either die or the party on the other end couldn't hear you, but you could hear them of vice-versa. BV's Tech Support sucks, the Customer Support is ok. Now AxVoice is a mixed bag. Although the service quality has been very good, when something happens, good luck! Their Technical Support answers the phone like they are at home. That's after you hunt the telephone number down, its not easy to find on the website. If you send an email, you'll get a very short and sometime terse email telling you the standard AxVoice answer, "Our engineers are aware of the problem and you will be notified when it is fixed". Now how does that help? You have send like 3 emails in reply to get a real answer. CID with names, DOES NOT work with AxVoice in all states even though AV doesn't make that clear on their website. Also from what I hear, CID with name, isn't working in at least one state that they claim it should. All VoIP providers are like a shot in the dark, you hope you find a good one and pray you don't miss. Good luck.
JaxDomino

Postby kukulut » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:39 am

I switched from BV to AV and I love it!!
Good service,awesome CS no downtime.
BV was creepy on their Term of Service and only about 1500-2000 min before they nail you.
AV gives to you abou 4000 mins wich is better.
I ecommend AV Period!!!.
kukulut

Postby mohmandem » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:33 am

Here's what I can say about axvoice:
1- Customer service inexistent or a mystery. You'll have to track down a number first.
2- No caller ID
3- In my case the time on my phone is always two hrs late no matter how often I adjust. That's a customer service issue right? Now who do I call?
4- Billing is prompt and fair.
5- So far it works for me, esp. the international package!

So make your choice.
mohmandem

Postby w6vms » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:39 am

mohmandem wrote:Here's what I can say about axvoice:
1- Customer service inexistent or a mystery. You'll have to track down a number first.
2- No caller ID
3- In my case the time on my phone is always two hrs late no matter how often I adjust. That's a customer service issue right? Now who do I call?
4- Billing is prompt and fair.
5- So far it works for me, esp. the international package!

So make your choice.

Regarding caller ID, it works fine for me, though only the calling number is shown.

The time on my phone is fine. This is something you can control on your ATA, make sure you have it configured to the correct time zone.

-jav
w6vms

Postby Mr Ax » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:02 pm

The customer support does exist but not over the phone. You can contact the Live Chat support or email us your query and we will respond in timely fashion. Usually within 1-2 hours. Tech support is however available over the phone but only for existing customers.
Please set the timzone in your ATA. No matter how many times you set it on your phone it will always show the time that was set in your ATA. Add NTP server first and then adjust the timezone.
Mr Ax

Return to General Discussion