Elusive Caller ID

General discussion on VoIP and Internet Phone service.

Elusive Caller ID

Postby Mariann » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:33 pm

Is Axvoice doing anything about caller ID name disappearing? It has been about two weeks since I stopped receiving CallerID names - just phone numbers. I was told it was an issue with a third party provider and is being worked on. Can someone give an update on the status?
Mariann

Postby JaxDomino » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:15 am

At least you had CID with name. Since I live in FL, I was told they don't offer it, although it doesn't say that anywhere on the sign-up page or anywhere on the website.
JaxDomino

Postby Mariann » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:03 am

How long ago was that? Perhaps that was after mine went down? They did not tell you it's a temporary problem?
Mariann

Postby JaxDomino » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:54 pm

Here is the replay after I sent 2 emails trying to get a better responce to the canned reply. It is dated May 31, 2006.

Hi,

We understand your frustration but the main reason for not supporting name is that the Caller ID with name is something we can only do within our footprint (MA, RI, NH, LATA 132 in NY, LATA 224 NJ). We are working on a new platform which would have support for caller id with name with nation wide US coverage. That should be available by the end of this year.

Support

Axvoice Inc.
JaxDomino

Postby rudholm » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:16 pm

I was just told by their tech support that they're replacing a server needed for Calling Name to work and that it should be done by the end of July.
rudholm

Return to General Discussion